Saturday, March 1, 2014

Altered Clipboard Using the New Prima Optimist!

This month I got to create with February's Off the Page Kit! Below is the steps I took to create my altered clipboard.. I got to use the new Prima Optimist!

 First I painted the edges of my clip board with black acrylic paint as shown here..

                                           
Next I cut down that paper that I wanted to use to cover the clipboard and used wet glue to adhere it down. Then I put a coat of modge podge to protect my paper.
Next I wet glued Lace across the clipboard and on the clip itself as shown here..Then I made a bow using the ribbon in the kit along with my drop off piece of lace. I then glued a rose in the center of that.
I knew I want this clipboard to be functional. So I added a sticky note pad to the bottom right corner. I wrapped ribbon around it and add another rose to the center. I then stamped the word at the bottom of my sticky pad using the stamp that was in the kit as well. About it is a piece of chipboard and a brad in the center as a embellishment.
Then on the left side at the bottom of the clip board I colored in two clothes pins that you can get just about anywheres and I glittered them up with stickles .This will hold the 2014 calendar.
Here is the calender. I printed it out from my computer cut them and matted them on cardstock with two different colors.Here is the site I got them from in case you want these as well.. Calender 
I used the leftover packaging to make a pocket for my extra month calenders and have that attached to the back of my board.

Next I want to add a family picture of my and my main man. I added a grouping of flowers and chipbaord pieces that was from the kit.I also Painted the wooden words in this kit as well. 
I also Tucked in a Pen under the ribbon of the sticky Notes for easy grabs..

Oh I must tell you this kit was very fun to play with. You can make your clipboard any way you like. Just have fun with it.





No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails